Each spring a bit of hypomania hits me. Not sure if it’s the warmer temps, the histamines, the increased sunlight, daytime hours, or what, but it happens. It’s there.
It’s not a problem per se. Except in some small ways, like:
– I feel agitated often
– I become obsessed with creative projects and ignore my family, and become extremely irritated if they interrupt me
– I wake up after five hours of sleep, which greatly increases my risk of getting migraines
– I have racing thoughts
– I can’t take my afternoon nap and meditation is next to impossible, which makes me feel tense
– I over spend
– I have no impulse control when it comes to my mouth (jokes, giving opinions, inappropriate laughing, etc.)
Maybe these are not such small things.
This usually lasts until the kids get out of school for summer break. Then I either
1) return to baseline/stable or 2) become depressed, because like the old saying goes: “What goes up must come down.”